Azure Stack - Hyper-V - SCVMM integration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an existing infrastructure with a Hyper-V cluster and VMM that works perfectly. I would like to deploy Azure Stack for a private cloud (I'm just doing a lab, disconnected mode ADFS).

My question is: is it possible to manage my Hyper-V VMs (currently managed with VMM) via the Azure Stack Portal ? Or does Azure Stack supports integration with Hyper-V (like VMM does) ? Can I make the azurestack.local domain cohabitate with my existing domain if deployed using ADFS (disconnected scenario)

Regards,

David

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 5:08 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Regarding you Questions:

Q: Is it possible to manage my Hyper-V VMs (currently managed with VMM) via the Azure Stack Portal?

A: Currently, you cannot manage an external SCVMM Cluster from the Azure Stack Portal.

You can manage WAP IaaS through Azure Stack using the WAP Connector for Azure Stack.

Note: The Windows Azure Platform (WAP) is a Software Interface that runs on top of System Center Operations Manager, Virtual Manager, Configuration Manager, Orchestrator, Cluster Services and SQL Server.

Q: Can I make the azurestack.local domain cohabitate with my existing domain if deployed using ADFS?

A: Yes, you can use a federation trust to integrate the built-in Azure Stack AD FS instance with your existing On-Prem AD FS instance.

Note: Identity configuration options depend on your Azure Stack environment, see the following articles:

See: Identity overview

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you continue experience any issues with ASDK release, feel free to contact us.

Thanks, 

Gary Gallanes

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 6:04 PM