none
Word Variables RRS feed

• Question

• I have 3 word documents, a header, body and footer.  Each has document variables and data stored within.

When I open my base document and insert each of the other documents the variables are lost!  Not the fields just the variables.

Can someone please explain why?

Friday, May 13, 2011 4:04 PM

Answers

• You will need to re-create the variables in the base document.  They will be buried somewhere in the bowels of the other documents and are obviously not being carried over by the insertion.

It would not be too difficult to create a macro that created the variables and assembled the document from the base and its two other parts.

Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"BigRosie" wrote in message news:6dd11b17-5055-40ac-b883-fd2b9791c757@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I have 3 word documents, a header, body and footer.  Each has document variables and data stored within.

When I open my base document and insert each of the other documents the variables are lost!  Not the fields just the variables.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Saturday, May 14, 2011 7:52 AM

All replies

• You will need to re-create the variables in the base document.  They will be buried somewhere in the bowels of the other documents and are obviously not being carried over by the insertion.

It would not be too difficult to create a macro that created the variables and assembled the document from the base and its two other parts.

Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"BigRosie" wrote in message news:6dd11b17-5055-40ac-b883-fd2b9791c757@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I have 3 word documents, a header, body and footer.  Each has document variables and data stored within.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Saturday, May 14, 2011 7:52 AM
  • Hi Rosie,

How about your issue? Have you solved it?

I look forward to hearing of you soon.

Best Regards, Calvin Gao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, May 23, 2011 7:18 AM