Targeting Framework version 3.0 in Visual Studio 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm developing using Visual Studio 2010 a service that is using Framework version 3.0. However, whenever I build the setup project I get a warning stating the following ---

WARNING: The target version of the .NET Framework in the project does not match the .NET Framework launch condition version '3.0 '. Update the version of the .NET Framework launch condition to match the target version of the.NET Framework in the Advanced Compile Options Dialog Box (VB) or the Application Page (C#, F#).

I have set every frigging switch I can find in the projects/properties to Framework 3.0, even manualling edited the vdproj file, but I still get the same warning and the customer gets a message telling them to install 3.5.

Gary

• Moved by Figo Fei Wednesday, September 1, 2010 8:08 AM (From:Visual Studio Setup and Installation)
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 7:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Gary,

1. We need to make sure the target platform of the service project and all the projects it references are .Net 3.0. Especially the referenced projects.
      Setting path: Project properties -> Application -> Target framework.

2. The launch condition and prerequisites need to be set correctly as well.
      1) Launch condition:
          a. Right click the Setup Project and select View -> Launch Conditions.
          b. Right click the .Net framework node and select properties.
          c. Select the .NET Framework 3.0 as the value of the Version property.
      2) Prerequisites:
          a. Right click the Setup Project and select properties.
          b. Click the prerequisites button to open the prerequisites dialog.
          c. Check the correct .Net framework and uncheck other .Net frameworks.

Let me know if this helps or not.
    Aland Li

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark if they don't. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Gary G. Little Thursday, September 2, 2010 2:08 PM
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 8:14 AM

All replies

• Moved to Setup project forum for better answer.

Thanks.

Figo Fei

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 8:07 AM
  • Hi Gary,

1. We need to make sure the target platform of the service project and all the projects it references are .Net 3.0. Especially the referenced projects.
      Setting path: Project properties -> Application -> Target framework.

2. The launch condition and prerequisites need to be set correctly as well.
      1) Launch condition:
          a. Right click the Setup Project and select View -> Launch Conditions.
          b. Right click the .Net framework node and select properties.
          c. Select the .NET Framework 3.0 as the value of the Version property.
      2) Prerequisites:
          a. Right click the Setup Project and select properties.
          b. Click the prerequisites button to open the prerequisites dialog.
          c. Check the correct .Net framework and uncheck other .Net frameworks.

Let me know if this helps or not.
    Aland Li

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark if they don't. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Gary G. Little Thursday, September 2, 2010 2:08 PM
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 8:14 AM
  • Aland,

Thank you for the information. I had tried everything but did not open View and see "Launch Conditions". That did it.

Gary

Thursday, September 2, 2010 2:09 PM