none
Get the selected text from office outlook compose item RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to read the selected text from the office outlook compose item. I am using NAPA office development tool.

Can anyone please help me to do this?

Regards,

Anand

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 9:23 AM

Answers

• You can do that.

Refer for samples or https://dev.outlook.com/samples/addins or under github.com/officedev.

If you did not get, let me know back. Default vs solution provide the functionality. You can also use VS 2015 Community edition.

Thanks, Ashish | Please mark a post helpful/answer if it is helpful or answer your query.

• Marked as answer by AnandIngle11 Wednesday, February 3, 2016 9:48 AM
    Tuesday, February 2, 2016 12:09 PM
  • Hi Anand,

Yes, we can use Item.getSelectedDataAsync to get the selected test in a compose message or appointment.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 2:59 AM

All replies

• You can do that.

Refer for samples or https://dev.outlook.com/samples/addins or under github.com/officedev.

If you did not get, let me know back. Default vs solution provide the functionality. You can also use VS 2015 Community edition.

Thanks, Ashish | Please mark a post helpful/answer if it is helpful or answer your query.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 12:09 PM
  • Hi Anand,

Yes, we can use Item.getSelectedDataAsync to get the selected test in a compose message or appointment.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 2:59 AM