support for SAN features in 2012?? RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Kim,

I have confirmed with my mentor, the content in the quoted paragraph you offered above also applies in Lab Management 2012. So, we are not supported to use SAN instead of BITS in Lab Management 2012.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, November 5, 2012 9:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am afraid the answer is no. In TFS 2012 Lab Management, copy will always happen using BITS. And quoted from the article you offered:
    Even if the LUNs are managed by same controller, given that Visual Studio Lab Management 2010 does not leverage any of SAN functionalities, the underlying BITS copy during a virtual machine deployment will happen all the way from library to host via your LAN network.

Maybe you can submit one your idea on the UserVoice site: http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 7:41 AM
  • Yes but as you quoted : "...given that Visual Studio Lab Management 2010...". it does mention 2010 and not 2012. So my question is more like: which part of the article is wrong/right?

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:01 AM
  • Hi Kim,

The article you are referring to is just 2012 version. And here is the 2010 version: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff756575(VS.100).aspx

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]

Thursday, November 1, 2012 3:27 AM
  • Hi Vicky.

Yes i know its 2012, but please look at the bullit "Provide the hosts with fast hard disk drives and configure the drives correctly" They mention 2010 in the 2012 version. thats why my question is "what is correct?" as it looks like a copy/paste bug

Thursday, November 1, 2012 6:46 AM
  • Hi Kim,

Thanks for your response. And in my opinion, you are correct that this may be a copy/paste issue. I will report this issue to my mentor.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]

Monday, November 5, 2012 9:03 AM
  • Hi Kim,

I have confirmed with my mentor, the content in the quoted paragraph you offered above also applies in Lab Management 2012. So, we are not supported to use SAN instead of BITS in Lab Management 2012.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]

Monday, November 5, 2012 9:35 AM