Azure Data Factory: Where can I locate NULL handling in Wrangling Data Flow? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

When I created a pipeline to pull a .csv to an Azure SQL database, this works with no problem to insert all the empty values as whitespaces.

However, I ran the same .csv into a Wrangling Data Flow, and used it to perform transformations, it has converted all the whitespace to NULL values.

Is there a setting inside of Wrangling Data Flow where I can handle whitespaces and NULL value conversions?

I am not able to locate this value, even when inspecting the code.

Thanks

Monday, April 27, 2020 10:02 PM

All replies

• Hi d3339

Thanks for your query. I am looking into it and will get back to you once I have my findings ready. 

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Thursday, April 30, 2020 1:22 AM
  • Hi d3339,

I haven't find a way to achieve your desired solution, so reached out to internal engineering team to get help on this requirement.Will keep you posted as soon as I have an update. 

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Friday, May 1, 2020 4:59 AM
  • Hi d3339,

Sorry for the late response. After having conversation with internal team, this seems to be a limitation. I would request you to please share your feedback/suggestion in ADF user voice  forum: https://feedback.azure.com/forums/270578-azure-data-factory
    All the feedback shared here will be actively monitored and reviewed by ADF engineering team. 

Please do share the feedback link here once it is created, so that other users with similar idea can up-vote and/or comment on your suggestion. 

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Thursday, May 7, 2020 7:24 PM