none
How to integrate custom design on displaying custom Solution Module folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have integrated a custom folder to Solution Module in Navigation Pane. Now I need to integrate a custom design into this folder. How can I achieve this?

Below is the code snippet used to create Solution Module and add to Navigation Pane.

Outlook.Folder rootStoreFolder = Application.Session.DefaultStore.GetRootFolder();

// I need this folder to take custom designed form instead of olFolderInbox
    Outlook.Folder solutionRoot = rootStoreFolder.Folders.Add("Solution Demo", Outlook.OlDefaultFolders.olFolderInbox);

Outlook.Explorer explorer = Application.ActiveExplorer();
    Outlook.SolutionsModule solutionsModule = explorer.NavigationPane.Modules.GetNavigationModule(
    Outlook.OlNavigationModuleType.olModuleSolutions);
    solutionsModule.AddSolution(solutionRoot, Outlook.OlSolutionScope.olHideInDefaultModules);

Thursday, September 6, 2018 5:22 AM

All replies

• Hi techgigs

You can use the "Record Macro" button to record the following steps:

1. Create a custom folder.

2. Add above folder to the Navigation Pane.

3. Assign a custom design to the custom folder.

4. Stop record and check the generate VBA code.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

• Proposed as answer by Simon Wu-MSFT Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:11 AM
    Thursday, September 6, 2018 11:32 AM
  • Hi

Do you have resolved this issue?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 8:27 AM