none
Split Screen Editor on Top RRS feed

• Question

• I got up this morning and as my norm opened my Expression Web Version 3.0.38113.0 to work on a listing for my web store.  I changed to split screen and noticed the editor is on top and my design is on the bottom.  I did NOT do one thing to reverse this, it just happened.  Any way to change it back the way it should be.  Display on top - editor on bottom.

Thanks,
    Claudai

Sunday, January 22, 2012 5:51 PM

All replies

• The norm is to have the code editor at the top and the design view at the bottom. I'm intrigued how you got it the other way around in the first place. As far as I know there's no way to alter it.

Ian Haynes

EW - V4 Add-Ins
    EW - Resources, hints and tips
    EW - Design for the Mobile Web
    Sunday, January 22, 2012 6:02 PM
  • Ditto what Ian said.  What you are seeing now is what everyone else who uses EW sees - with the exception of one (maybe two?) people who have reported the same: the reverse display changing to the correct display, and the rest of us completely dumbfounded that they ever saw it any other way.
    Sunday, January 22, 2012 6:08 PM
  • Hmm, I have never had anything but code view on top and design view on the bottom. Didn't know there was ever a way to have it otherwise.
    Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Sunday, January 22, 2012 6:24 PM
  • Like Kathy, I recall maybe one or two others who have come here to report a sudden unbidden and unexplained reversal from design-view-on-top, something which none of us here have ever seen, and wouldn't have thought possible (and still don't ;-).

If you manage to reverse the change, by all means, please take a screenshot and post it on Flickr or somewhere. For us, it would be like seeing a picture of the tooth fairy or something along that line.  ;-)

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Sunday, January 22, 2012 8:09 PM