none
Code Map Bugs? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When all projects from my solution are placed in a Code Map, the references between the projects are not always listed in the diagram.  Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? 

For example, Projects A, B, and C reference Project D but when all are placed in the Code Map, there are no lines from A, B, or C to D.  "Show Assemblies this references" and "Show Assemblies referencing this" have no impact.  I thought that there should be lines from A, B, and C to D.  

Running VS 2013 Update 3 on Windows 8.1 Pro. 

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 6:08 PM

Answers

• Hi Davelll,

I can get the same result with you if we only reference project D from project A/B/C and does not use some methods or fields of project D from Project A/B/C. If you use a class pf project D in project A, then you will see a line from A to D. In my opinion, it is the default behavior because Code maps is applied to relationships between large code instead of relationships among assemblies and it is designed to help developers avoid getting lost in large code bases, unfamiliar code, or legacy code.

For your requirement, you could submit this feature request:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your ideas/suggestions there and people can vote.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by DaveIII Thursday, December 18, 2014 4:31 PM
    Thursday, December 18, 2014 6:51 AM