First time logon issue

Question

• Hi,

I installed the 32-bit developer edition. However during the final setup of windows while going through time, region and keyboard layout setting, the scrol bar just kept scrolling and won't stop. Eventually the setup suddenly quit with a blank screen and then I was on the logon page (I guess bypassing some important steps like setting up wireless network etc). Now I am at logon page where I am required to enter my Windows live crendentials. However doing so gives an error (internet connection required (obviously since all that steps were just missed as the steup quit) now how can I get the wireless steup and/or logon to windows?

Saturday, September 17, 2011 10:54 PM

Answers

• On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 22:54:33 +0000, shirshad wrote:

I installed the 32-bit developer edition. However during the final setup of windows while going through time, region and keyboard layout setting, the scrol bar just kept scrolling?and won't stop. Eventually the setup suddenly quit with a blank screen and then I was on the logon page (I guess bypassing some important steps like setting up wireless network etc). Now I am at logon page where I am required to enter my Windows live crendentials. However doing so gives an error (internet connection required (obviously since all that steps were just missed as the steup quit) now how can I get the wireless steup and/or logon to windows?

You choose not to use a Windows Live account in which case you'll be
    prompted to create a local account. Log on with the local account, fix your
    network issues and then you can add a Windows Live account if you wish.

Paul Adare
    MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    Character density:  The number of very weird people in the office.

Sunday, September 18, 2011 6:10 AM