SQL CE Error RRS feed

• Question

• User-1327394822 posted

I have hosted a webmatrix website using FTP... all was working fine, until recently i got the following error.

=======================

Server Error in '/' Application.

Unable to load the native components of SQL Server Compact corresponding to the ADO.NET provider of version 8876. Install the correct version of SQL Server Compact. Refer to KB article 974247 for more details.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException: Unable to load the native components of SQL Server Compact corresponding to the ADO.NET provider of version 8876. Install the correct version of SQL Server Compact. Refer to KB article 974247 for more details.

=============================================

Can someone help as to what changes needs to be done.. How do I update my bin directory of my project in webmatrix?

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 12:25 PM

All replies

• User347430248 posted

Hi Gautam Sharm...,

I can see that you are getting an error ,"Unable to load the native components of SQL Server Compact corresponding to the ADO.NET provider of version 8876. Install the correct version of SQL Server Compact. Refer to KB article 974247 for more details."

I try to visit KB 974247.

Cause for the issue:

Compact based applications generally program against the Compact ADO.NET provider (System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll). This provider in-turn communicates with the native Compact components. In order to avoid various inconsistencies, a Compact ADO.NET provider of a certain version can talk only to the Compact native components of the same version. The following are some sample scenarios where this policy will be broken, and that will result in one of the previously mentioned  two exceptions.

solution:

At any given point of time, the correct state of a 64-bit computer, for SQL Server Compact, would be the following:

• Both x86 and amd64 MSIs are installed.
    • Both x86 and amd64 MSIs are of the same version.

Therefore, if you face any similar issues, make sure that the computer has both x86 and amd64 MSIs of Compact are installed and they are of the same version. In case, they are not, then install Compact SP2 x86 and x64 MSIs from following link as needed:

FIX: You receive an error message when you run a SQL Server Compact 3.5-based application after you install the 32-bit version of SQL Server Compact Edition 3.5 Service Pack 2 on an x64 computer

other thing I wan to inform you that Formal support for Web matrix will end on November 1st, 2017.

Reference:

WebMatrix product support ends on November 1st, 2017

still you can get support from community WebMatrix Forum.

Regards

Deepak

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 2:34 AM