Version of published pages getting rollbacked after some time. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have recently published pages on the production machine and tested it for a day or two. It worked for some time. Next day when we open the pages that were published yesterday, the page has been reverted to previous version. Pls help

Rgds,

Anand 

Thanks and Regards, Anand R. Deshpande

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 8:28 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Not quiet clear but did you publish pages on the site collection, and then made it to default?

What method you have used to publish pages?

Some more info would be helpful to understand the concern.

Regards, Rohan http://sharepointadmin4u.wordpress.com

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 8:44 AM
  • Hi,

Disable versioning and check if it still gets back to the previous one or else use versioning clean up and delete the previous versions to check if it still goes to the previous version.

If it goes then I would say that there can be some DB jobs causing restoration of backup of your Dbs and thus causing this.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 6:46 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks, we can try this out.

i will re-iterate the problem definition

In SharePoint 2010, we  are using various pages for displaying  list data. Listview webparts are added on these pages.  Whenever we do any changes in these pages like updating listview webpart filter/ adding or removing new columns in the list,   User can see the changes but the changes are disappeared after sometime. 

We do checkout and checkin and  publish these pages after updating with major version. The published pages gets rolled backed to older version. this is the issue we are facing. Can someone pls help me?

Thanks,

Anand

Thanks and Regards, Anand R. Deshpande

Thursday, May 24, 2012 3:17 AM