SharePoint (2007) workflow - Amount with Commas RRS feed

• Question

• Folks,

I have a column as Amount in SharePoint with Type as Currency. Basically this is a InfoPath form. When the user enters the amount he/she also enters the Comma. After the form is submitted I can see the Amount column with commas in the list. We have a workflow to email other users when a new item is added and the Amount that is entered is also reflected in the email. For some reason the SharePoint workflow doesn't display the Amount with commas in the email and we need the commas to be displayed in the email. Is there any thing I can do which will also pick the comma or add the comma for the Amount.

example:

$500,000.00

$2,000,000.00

Thanks !

• Edited by sqldba20 Thursday, March 1, 2012 2:55 PM
    Thursday, March 1, 2012 2:52 PM

Answers

• Hi sqldba20,

I looked up the Currency type column in my Designer workflow email body, but the Currency format cannot be carried into email body.

Based on "When the user enters the amount he/she also enters the Comma" you mentioned above, I think you can set Amount column as text type and the Comma (input manually previous) is also kept, then you can use workflow action build a danymic string to construct the Currency format string (e.g. "$Amount) and put it in email body.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 8, 2012 10:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Which type of workflow you are using?

if its SPD workflow please mention steps and condition you are using, thanks.

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Saturday, March 3, 2012 3:59 AM
  • I'm using SharePoint 2007 Designer Workflow.

We have a list with columns - Title, Amount1 with Type as Number and Amount2 with Type as Currency.

Workflow:

- Email Admin (admin@sharepoint.com) whenever a new record is added to the list.

- The body of the Email will have the Amount1 and Amount2 which was added to the list.  [%test:Amount1%],  [%test:Amount2%]

- The subject of the Email is the Title.

Email is sent to the Admin with the correct output but only the Amount1 and Amount2 doesn't go with the commas which we want.

Thanks !

• Edited by sqldba20 Tuesday, March 6, 2012 8:21 PM
    Monday, March 5, 2012 4:16 PM
  • Hi sqldba20,

I looked up the Currency type column in my Designer workflow email body, but the Currency format cannot be carried into email body.

Based on "When the user enters the amount he/she also enters the Comma" you mentioned above, I think you can set Amount column as text type and the Comma (input manually previous) is also kept, then you can use workflow action build a danymic string to construct the Currency format string (e.g. "$Amount) and put it in email body.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 8, 2012 10:41 AM