none
LDAP query for retrieving the users in a group in an oneway trust setup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I have two domains A & B. There is one way trust setup between them. Outgoing trust from A to B. The trust is working fine no issues, i am able to see all the users from B in A.

I have a requirement in my project where i need to create a group in domain A and have few users from domain B as member of it. I have done below steps:

1. Created one OU Users2
    2. Created a group [AGroup] in Domain A [Domain local security group]
    3. Added few users from domain B to this group in Domain A
    4. After the above steps when i try to run the below query from a machine in domain A, i dont get the users in step 2:

ldifde -d "dc=A,dc=com" -f c:\UserList.txt -r "(&(objectcategory=person)(objectClass=User)(memberOf=CN=AGroup,OU=Users2,DC=A,DC=com))" -b administrator A password

NOTE: If i have any local domain users added to this group, those are listed but not the users from Domain B.

But when i run the below query from a machine in domain A, i get the users from the B domain

ldifde -d "dc=B,dc=com" -f c:\UserList.txt -r "(&(objectcategory=person)(objectClass=User))" -b administrator B password -s b-DCServer

Please suggest me how can I have the query modified so that i have the B domain users in A's group are listed.

Please help

Regards Ram

• Edited by RKRamesh Friday, June 22, 2012 6:17 AM
    Friday, June 22, 2012 5:51 AM