none
Visual Studio 2016 designer view poor performance (ex. Takes forever to load, minutes, hours, no response timeouts)

Question

• I am seeing there is a problem with the time it takes for the designer to render a view, particularly in VS 2016 with a very small generic axml layout. After googling this for some solution I notice it has been an issue for many versions/editions of VS with no fix in sight from Microsoft team. 

As a beginner I need to see the designer output to make sure the code I have put in is correct and what I am looking for in regards to display. I am currently working on a multi-platform app with C# language and Xamarin.Forms (shared)

• Edited by Ed La Saturday, November 26, 2016 7:48 PM
    Saturday, November 26, 2016 7:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Ed La,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, I found a similar issue: Visual Studio works too slow while editing XAML and please have a try with the following to troubleshot your issue:

1. If you installed the ReSharper, please try to remove it
    2. Delete the .suo file (backup fristly), then reopen this project again
    3. Select Android or IOS as startup, not the Windows Phone or universal project as the startup, it should be fast
    4. Go to Tools-Options-Environment-General, uncheck ‘Automatically adjust visual experience based on client performance’, check ‘Enable rich client visual experience’ and save.

Meanwhile, I found there are some similar threads on this ForumXamarin
    Platform
    Xamarin.Forms
    , you can also try to create a new thread for your issue since you are working on the Xamarin.Forms application and you will get a more professional support from there, our
    forum is to discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance
    Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio
    Editor,
    thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 7:29 AM