how to create image at runtime ?. RRS feed

• Question

• User-2136304695 posted

Hi, All

I have a application that has images with text written on them to show information on a topic. My site is a football site, so for history I am showing a image, with (History 2008-2009) written on it.

At this moment in time I have a windows forms application doing the image creation.

The windows forms application shows the origianl image, it has a textbox to enter some text to write on the image, a button to write the text. It also have a save button to save where I like. I then go to my web application and upload the image, which saves to the file system and puts the server path into a database. All this works fine, but long winded, I want to be able to do this on my website.  

Can someone give me some information on how to do this in my website ie write on images at runtime and save the new images.

Many Thanks

Kered

Friday, August 14, 2009 7:54 AM

All replies

• User1863286578 posted

make your original winform application as a dll 

prepare some UI in aspx for user inputs (you can have the current image as the background for this layout) . And pass all user inputs to the dll and create the image and rebind it to the UI

for every user input you need to recreate the image on server and save it with same name

Friday, August 14, 2009 8:29 AM
  • User2019981500 posted

Hi

here is the explaination and source code from dynamic image creation

http://www.devhood.com/Tutorials/tutorial_details.aspx?tutorial_id=464

Next

wring them in database directly

http://www.dotnetcurry.com/ShowArticle.aspx?ID=129

Regards

Friday, August 14, 2009 8:38 AM
  • User-2136304695 posted

Hi,

Thanks for the replys.

Can you give me a little more information on doing this, as this is my first website.

Is this right below.

1. My upload control will be removed.

2. Use my windows forms code as a dll in my project, pass it information ie the image and text, then let the dll class write on the image and pass it back to the Web UI ?.

3. Once it is passed back to the web UI refresh the screen with the updated image and let the user save or amend the image text ?.

Please help me be more clearer on this topic.

Thanks Again

Kered

Friday, August 14, 2009 8:58 AM
  • User-2136304695 posted

Can someone give me a working example of this please ?.

If possible, just a small application, where you click a button and text is written on a already created image.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 1:01 AM