Can´t install WCF Data Services 5.6(nuget) on a portable project after upgrading Xamarin RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm having problems installing the WCF Data Services 5.6 on a portable project, in particular:

Could not install package 'System.Spatial 5.6.0'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets 'portable-net45+sl40+wp80+win', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.

I'm targeting Net 4.5, Win 8 and Windows Phone8, what is weird is that the other dependency do install (Microsoft.Data.OData, Microsoft.Data.Edm and Microsoft.Data.Services.Client)

I used the package before installing Xamarin (lastest versión) and was working fine, but after the install I get the error above. Could be a configuration issue? a change in the profiles?

If I add the DLL´s by hand (Microsoft.Data.Edm.Portable, Microsoft.Data.OData.Portable, Microsoft.Data.Services.Client.Portable and System.Spatial.Portal), when I try to add the service reference I get this error:

"Unable to add a service reference to the specified OData feed because
    WCF Data Services is not installed for this target framework. To install
    a supported version of WCF Data Servicess"

There's a workaround? a manual installation?

Please forgive if I insist too much, I try to contact you via nuget and leave a comment on your blog because this is a huge issue (totally broke a project I'm working on for a client)

Thanks in advance

Roygar

Monday, December 2, 2013 2:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Fred,

Thanks for answering, but I believe you are mistaken or maybe I didnt explain myself, Windows Phone 8 is supported "All of out side libraries now have portable library support. This means that you can  that you can now use the new JSON format in Windows Phone and Windows Store apps The core libraries have portable library support for .NET 4.0, Silverlight 5, Windows Phone 8 and Windows Store apps." (quoting the link you gave me).

Yesterday I talked with Jeff Handley of the nuget team and it seems that there's a bug in versión 2.7.41101.371 of nuget. If on a portable project I target only NET 4.5, Windows StoreApps (Windows 8) and Windows Phone 8, I get the error mentioned but if I add Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS, the package install. (according to Jeff it has something to do with a change that Xamarin do with portables profiles)

Anyway, the workaroud is add Xamarin to the portable Project (if you have Xamarin installed of course), I filed this bug to the nuget team on codeproject, so this issue is here is solved for the moment

• Marked as answer by Roygar Tuesday, December 3, 2013 3:11 PM
    Tuesday, December 3, 2013 3:11 PM

All replies

• Hello,

According to the error message, you want to install the 'System.Spatial 5.6.0' into a project that targets 'portable-net45+sl40+wp80+win'.

Unfortunately, it only contains classes and methods that facilitate geography and geometry spatial operations. Targets .NET 4.0, Silverlight 4.0 or .NET Portable Lib with support for .NET 4.0, SL 4.0, Win Phone 7, and Win 8. Localized for CHS, CHT, DEU, ESN, FRA, ITA, JPN, KOR and RUS. We can see that Win Phone 8 is not included.

See it here.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 2:03 AM
  • Hi Fred,

Thanks for answering, but I believe you are mistaken or maybe I didnt explain myself, Windows Phone 8 is supported "All of out side libraries now have portable library support. This means that you can  that you can now use the new JSON format in Windows Phone and Windows Store apps The core libraries have portable library support for .NET 4.0, Silverlight 5, Windows Phone 8 and Windows Store apps." (quoting the link you gave me).

Yesterday I talked with Jeff Handley of the nuget team and it seems that there's a bug in versión 2.7.41101.371 of nuget. If on a portable project I target only NET 4.5, Windows StoreApps (Windows 8) and Windows Phone 8, I get the error mentioned but if I add Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS, the package install. (according to Jeff it has something to do with a change that Xamarin do with portables profiles)

Anyway, the workaroud is add Xamarin to the portable Project (if you have Xamarin installed of course), I filed this bug to the nuget team on codeproject, so this issue is here is solved for the moment

• Marked as answer by Roygar Tuesday, December 3, 2013 3:11 PM
    Tuesday, December 3, 2013 3:11 PM
  • Hello,

Sorry for my mistake, I may ignore it and thanks for correcting me. And it is glad to hear that you have found the solution.

Have a nice day.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 7:53 AM