Query around My own topology login RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I am trying to connect through my own topology using my login credentials but the UCWA login screen keeps on processing forever and never move ahead. 

I have a valid lync server setup and also a client on my machine. I am successfully able to login through that.

I am more keep to use the local server instead of gotuc.net so can someone please guide me where i could be wrong?

Regards.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 3:59 AM

Answers

• On the ITAdmin-Configuration it talks about allowed domains (aka white-listing).  In your Lync Server environment you would want to run:

Get-CsWebServiceConfiguration | select CrossDomainAuthorizationList

And verify that your domain where you are testing from is on that list (http://localhost in your case possibly).  To test out your domain you can take whitelist testing.saz, load it up in Fiddler and drag a request into the Composer tab and edit the X-Ms-Origin to the expect domain and url to point to your Lync domain then execute.  If the response does not indicate it was not on the allowed list you are golden.

Can you confirm that you can do basic Autodiscovery on your domain (ie requests to lyncdiscover.domain.com / lyncdiscoverinternal.domain.com)?

That failed request above is attempting to load the XFrame which should have resulted in:XFrame

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:21 PM

All replies

• A couple of questions:

• Is your Lync Server updated to CU1?
    • Have you white-listed your testing domain?
    • Have you tried looking at the network traffic during login to see if any errors are appearing? (Fiddler2 or various browser network tabs under developer tools)

A good place to start if the answer to any of the above questions is maybe: ITAdmin-Configuration

Monday, April 15, 2013 6:20 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the guidance. 

Yes, I have setup the CU1 and run the bootstrapper.exe as well.

Regarding your second question can you please tell me what is  "white-listing of testing domain?". Just to share more details, we have a lync server with the external web service setup as  "LYNC-FRONT.lync.dev". So far i haven't done any change to the sample library code since i am not really sure what all i need to change. When i try to monitor the traffic using Fiddler2 i see following request and response: 

Request

GET lync-front.lync.dev/xframe HTTP/1.1
    Host: lync-front.lync.dev
    Referer: localhost/uc/index.html

Response

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
    Content-Type: text/html
    Server: Microsoft-IIS/8.0
    X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
    Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 21:35:27 GMT
    Content-Length: 1245

404 - File or directory not found.

After this the page just hangs and keeps on processing. I am not really sure what change i need to make to the sample code library to get this working.

Thanks!

Monday, April 15, 2013 9:48 PM
  • On the ITAdmin-Configuration it talks about allowed domains (aka white-listing).  In your Lync Server environment you would want to run:

Get-CsWebServiceConfiguration | select CrossDomainAuthorizationList

And verify that your domain where you are testing from is on that list (http://localhost in your case possibly).  To test out your domain you can take whitelist testing.saz, load it up in Fiddler and drag a request into the Composer tab and edit the X-Ms-Origin to the expect domain and url to point to your Lync domain then execute.  If the response does not indicate it was not on the allowed list you are golden.

Can you confirm that you can do basic Autodiscovery on your domain (ie requests to lyncdiscover.domain.com / lyncdiscoverinternal.domain.com)?

That failed request above is attempting to load the XFrame which should have resulted in:XFrame

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:21 PM
  • Anks, is the issue resolved?

-- How To Ask a Question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Monday, April 22, 2013 10:19 PM