none
Unclassified tests in HLK? RRS feed

• Question

• My company needs to get a non-PnP software only driver signed to distribute to our customers. What are the steps necessary to get this done? Do the unclassified tests from HCK still exist for HLK? If we want it to be signed for Windows 7/8/10, is it necessary to submit hckx from running HCK tests?

Thanks

Dan

Thursday, July 9, 2015 3:50 PM

All replies

• Let me add a little more detail.  Our company develops a Bluetooth stack used by OEMs to run their hardware. The driver that needs to be signed is a USB driver to enable Bluetooth dongles to talk to our stack. There is no plan to publish this driver to Windows Update or listed anywhere. The only goal is to get it production signed so the customer isn't required to enable test signing.
    Thursday, July 9, 2015 4:06 PM
  •   There's no "Unclass" test for HLK or HCK after they've dropped the support for Vista, the only way is to run through the test on HCK for 7/8.x and HLK for 10, whether to publish it via Windows update or not is optional.

/m

• Proposed as answer by Ming2 Monday, July 13, 2015 2:58 AM
    Monday, July 13, 2015 2:58 AM
  • Will SPC signing still work in Windows 10? That is what we used for signing the driver previously and were successful. I am referring to KMCS by using SPC. This just requires obtaining an SPC from one of the available CAs and then signing the software to share with customers. Is this going away?
    Thursday, July 16, 2015 8:16 PM