Unable to Access admin/tenant/adfs portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

My customer environment for ASDK deployment running 1709 or 1710 was running perfectly before this. Few days back it ran out of C: drive capacity on the ASDK host itself. 

I managed to clear some capacity of it to about 20GB free space and start back AzS-DC01 and AzS-ERCS01, but the portals are not loading at all.

I did a clean reboot using Stop-AzureStack and later start it backup and i notice that i'm unable to access the portals of Admin/Tenant and ADFS.

Did a telnet to to port 443 of the url also doesn't work. Did a ping it resolves to the 192.168.102.x ip address but no replies.

Did another reboot after that and the same case using Stop-AzureStack

any advice about this matter?

Saturday, January 27, 2018 11:57 AM

Answers

• You may try the steps outlined in this discussion thread, and let us know how it goes.

1. Make sure the WAS & WASP VMs are running again.

2. On the VMs, make sure the sites are running. We first hit the shell site. Here is how you can do it from the console VM:

Enter-PSSession -ComputerName <Name of WAS>

Import-Module WebAdministration

Get-ChildItem -PSPath IIS:\Sites | fl name,state | ft -AutoSize

3. You can test connection to the site (name resolution, port connectivity):

Test-NetConnection -Port 443 -ComputerName portal.local.azurestack.external -InformationLevel Detailed

Test-NetConnection -Port 443 -ComputerName MAS-WAS01 -InformationLevel Detailed

Repeat the tests for WASP VM also if the tenant portal is also failing. This will set you on a path to understand what is wrong. 

You can try the following workaround to restart ARM app pool (or do an iisreset) on was01 VM:

Enter-PSSession mas-was01

Import-Module WebAdministration

Restart-WebAppPool AzureStack-ResourceManager

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Saturday, January 27, 2018 3:58 PM