SQL Azure Storage!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Please let me know the difference between the two Storages that we get with the Windows Azure and the SQL Azure.

How do we store the Databases on to the SQL Azure if they are not the same stuff.

Sorry I am a beginner and have no Idea of the Stuffs in the Azure.

Thanks
    Srinath
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 7:14 PM

Answers

• I assume you are looking for short answers.

SQL Azure Services is a service that supports relational databases very similar to SQL Server 2008. You need SQL Server 2008 R2 Nov-CTP Management Studio to work with it effectively.

Windows Azure Storage Services provides the following services:

Blob Service
    Table Service
    Queue Service

An application on the cloud can (my understanding) use both of these storage modes depending on your choice based on your biusiness requirements.

mysorian
    • Edited by Jayaram Krishnaswamy Thursday, December 3, 2009 2:13 PM 2008 instead of 22008
    • Marked as answer by Lancers Thursday, December 3, 2009 3:32 PM
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 2:00 PM

All replies

• The link perpetualKid provided discussed the old SQL Data Services. There has been a lot of changes when we migrating to SQL Azure. Please have a look at the FAQ:

What are the specific differences customers can expect when using Windows Azure Table storage vs. SQL Azure Database?

SQL Azure Database service will offer a scalable distributed relational database service in the Cloud that is used for storing, processing and analyzing structured, semi-structured & unstructured data. Windows Azure Table storage is a non-relational, scalable, simple structured storage (ISAM style) in the cloud. Since SQL Azure Database will offer database service for applications developed on Windows Azure, customers can pool these services based on the needs.

Lante, shanaolanxing This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 6:33 AM
  • I assume you are looking for short answers.

SQL Azure Services is a service that supports relational databases very similar to SQL Server 2008. You need SQL Server 2008 R2 Nov-CTP Management Studio to work with it effectively.

Windows Azure Storage Services provides the following services:

Blob Service
    Table Service
    Queue Service

An application on the cloud can (my understanding) use both of these storage modes depending on your choice based on your biusiness requirements.

mysorian
    • Edited by Jayaram Krishnaswamy Thursday, December 3, 2009 2:13 PM 2008 instead of 22008
    • Marked as answer by Lancers Thursday, December 3, 2009 3:32 PM
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 2:00 PM
  • Thanks for the Response and you Guys were Really Help Full
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 3:34 PM
  • Thanks a Lot Jayaram!!!!!
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 3:38 PM