none
error when I access to "build an app" since Office365 RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

I have subscribed to Office365, I have installed the app "NAPA" and when I do it click at "build an app". I get this error "

TF400822: The custom display name is invalid. It can not be over 256 characters. It can not contain periods alone. It can not begin or end with an underscore or hyphen. It can not contain control characters, mismatched surrogate characters or the following characters: < > " ; | % \ / @ [ ]"

Thanks

• Moved by Marvin_Guo Wednesday, January 15, 2014 5:12 AM
    Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:41 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I think this error should be caused by invalided display name. I tried to change the display name to "Guest<|>". But still failed to reproduce your issue. Since this issue is related to a specific account. I suggest you to contact Microsoft support via Email or Phone.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Marvin_Guo Monday, January 20, 2014 2:32 AM
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 7:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>> when I do it click at "build an app"

Actually, I can’t find “build an app” in Napa, or You want to said “Run Project button” in Napa like the screenshot below?

>>TF400822: The custom display name is invalid. It can not be over 256 characters. It can not contain periods alone. It can not begin or end with an underscore or hyphen. It can not contain control characters, mismatched surrogate characters or the following characters: < > " ; | % \ / @ [ ]"

I think you should check you project name or file name whether is invalid.

You could click the properties ->General ->Name to find the project name.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:16 AM
  • Hi,

It is when I click at this image.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:35 AM
  • Hi,

I think this error should be caused by invalided display name. I tried to change the display name to "Guest<|>". But still failed to reproduce your issue. Since this issue is related to a specific account. I suggest you to contact Microsoft support via Email or Phone.

Regards,

• Marked as answer by Marvin_Guo Monday, January 20, 2014 2:32 AM
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 7:32 AM
  • I'm having the same problem just having signed up for the Office 365 trial and attempt to use the Napa walkthrough when I click on the installed Napa app.  Running the sample also fails.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/fp179924.aspx

TF400822: The custom display name is invalid. It can not be over 256 characters. It can not contain periods alone. It can not begin or end with an underscore or hyphen. It can not contain control characters, mismatched surrogate characters or the following characters: < > " ; | % \ / @ [ ]

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj220065.aspx

https://www.napacloudapp.com/Share/2fc24571cdc54245a5ec74c6ad0f18a2/
    An internal error has occurred. The issue has been reported to the product team.

Friday, January 17, 2014 6:03 PM
  • Dear All,

Even i am facing the same error. Is this issue resolved ??? I am seeing this error after i click "Napa" under site contents or when i click build an app

Ranjani.R

Monday, January 20, 2014 6:19 AM
  • I went on to Create new Site collection by selecting "developer site" as template, NAPA is opening fine in that.

Ranjani.R

• Proposed as answer by Demelziraptor Monday, February 3, 2014 12:40 AM
    Monday, January 20, 2014 6:44 AM
  • I went on to Create new Site collection by selecting "developer site" as template, NAPA is opening fine in that.

Ranjani.R

Same for me; I get the error when trying to open NAPA in the base site, but it's working in a separate site collection.
    Monday, February 3, 2014 12:40 AM