none
Ruby Rubocop for Visual Studio Code

Question

• Hi Microsoft Community,

I am having an issue with the Ruby Rubocop extension for Visual Studio Code. At first I was getting an error saying that the ruby.rubocop.executePath was empty and now I am getting an error/warning  C: heodinprojectailsInstalleruby2.1.0in
    uby.exerubocop.bat is not executable. This is my execution path "C:\theodinproject\RailsInstaller\Ruby2.1.0\bin". I used the Rails Installer to install Ruby and Rails along with some other things all at the same time. Per the documentation I have round it says that it need to be the Ruby Binary Installation path. This shouldn't be that hard to set this extension up but for some reason I  have hit a snag.

Thank you,

Mario

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 8:50 PM

Answers

• Hey Xiao,

I appreciate the response on the information you provided. I did get in contact with Ruby Rubocop and got some information from them. It turns out that they only help out with the command line side of Rubocop and to get in contact on this side. I have went directly to the person who made the extension for VSCode and awaiting for a reply from him.

Thank you, 

Mario Zamora

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 3:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Mario,

Since Our forum is discussing about VS general question like how to set/configure Visual Studio and Visual Studio tools.

And your problem is more related to the Ruby Rubocop. I suggest you could post it to the Ruby Rubocop forum for better support.

In addition, you could refer to the guide of Ruby static code analyzer, based on the community Ruby in the following document:

https://github.com/bbatsov/rubocop

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 3:10 AM
  • Hey Xiao,

I appreciate the response on the information you provided. I did get in contact with Ruby Rubocop and got some information from them. It turns out that they only help out with the command line side of Rubocop and to get in contact on this side. I have went directly to the person who made the extension for VSCode and awaiting for a reply from him.

Thank you, 

Mario Zamora

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 3:22 PM
  • Hi Mario Zamora,

Thanks for your update.

Hope you will get a better answer for your issue there.

By the way, if your issue is solved, please also share the solution here. And mark your reply as an answer so it would be helpful for other members who get the same issue as yours to research and find the answer directly, and I could close this case.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Thursday, February 18, 2016 1:33 AM