How to hand Date Values, Time Values in Access RRS feed

• Question

• How can we deal with values recorded in access such as recording time, measuring time or days etc.

DebACCESSDevM

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 1:00 PM

Answers

• Hi MayurPise,

From your 1 line of description we assume that you want some information regarding Date Time and calculating Days in Access.

Here below I have provided you some links which will give you information regarding that kindly visit the links.

Store the date and time when a record is modified

Automatically adding date/time stamp to an edited record - Microsoft Access

Calculate the number of days between two dates

Counting the Number of Working Days in Access 2007

Hope the links provided by me and other community members solves your issue. if you still having a problem related to it then kindly describe your issue with more details.

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards

Deepak 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 2, 2016 1:11 AM

All replies

• Wednesday, June 1, 2016 1:09 PM
  • The two hardest questions to model in a db (or any software, for that matter) are "where am I?" and "what time is it?" The best general advice is look at the semantics of the model. The default formats are hardly ever adequate.

Do you have a specific problem you're struggling to resolve, or are you looking for general "how do people handle these things?" comments?

Rebecca M. Riordan

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 2:31 PM
  • In VBA you have great resources. Is this maybe without VBA?

Best regards, George

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 4:25 PM
  • Hi MayurPise,

From your 1 line of description we assume that you want some information regarding Date Time and calculating Days in Access.

Here below I have provided you some links which will give you information regarding that kindly visit the links.

Store the date and time when a record is modified

Automatically adding date/time stamp to an edited record - Microsoft Access

Calculate the number of days between two dates

Counting the Number of Working Days in Access 2007

Hope the links provided by me and other community members solves your issue. if you still having a problem related to it then kindly describe your issue with more details.

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards

Deepak 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 2, 2016 1:11 AM
  • Thanks for all the links you have provided to me. Thanks A lot.

I wish I would also help as you guys are doing.

DebACCESSDevM

Monday, July 4, 2016 6:23 AM
  • You might also like to take a look at TimeArithmetic.zip in my public databases folder at:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=44CC60D7FEA42912&id=44CC60D7FEA42912!169

Note that if you are using an earlier version of Access you might find that the colour of some form objects such as buttons shows incorrectly and you will need to amend the form design accordingly.  

If you have difficulty opening the link copy its text (NB, not the link location) and paste it into your browser's address bar.

This little demo file illustrates the use of a number of functions to undertake subtraction and summation of date/time values.

Ken Sheridan, Stafford, England

Monday, July 4, 2016 4:47 PM