Virtual machine RDP is not working on Mac OSX for guest account RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - 

I am recieving an error where I cannot RDP into a server using Mac OSX with a guest account on Azure. Please assist.

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 9:20 PM

All replies

• Error message: We couldn't connect to the remote PC. You might not have permission to sign in remotely. Contact your network administrator for assistance. Code: 0x2407
    Wednesday, February 12, 2020 9:22 PM
  • We're migrating from MSDN to Microsoft Q&A as our new forums and Azure Virtual Machines has already made the move! 

In future, you can ask and look for Azure Virtual Machines related questions here: https://docs.microsoft.com/answers/topics/azure-virtual-machines.html

We are actively working to onboard remaining Azure services on Microsoft Q&A. We will make a public announcement once complete.

Want to Learn more about new platform: Microsoft Q&A Getting Started   Regarding the issue you are seeing,  Were you able to RDP to this VM before or this is the first time you are trying? This would help me understand if you need to set up your Mac PC for remote desktop connection. To connect to a Windows VM from a Mac, you will need to install an RDP client for Mac such as Microsoft Remote Desktop.

Thursday, February 13, 2020 8:30 PM
    Owner