none
Regenerating Settings.Designer.cs and Resources.Designer.cs for VSTO Excel add in RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I inherited a VSTO Excel add in for 2010 at work which has been created by copying an existing add in written for Excel 2007 and changing some things here and there for 2010. I'm trying to clean it up because the namespaces had all been ignored and this was going to create problems. I've almost done this but cannot go further because two files are autogenerated (the ones in the title). I don't want to change these manually for very obvious reasons. My question is, is there anything I can do to force these files to change in such a way that I can choose which namespaces they declare? I'm using VSTO 4., .NET 3.5 in VS2010, and 2010 PIA.

Any pointers appreciated!

Thanks,

Richard

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Richard,

In the Solution Explorer, click Resources.resx or Settings.settings, open the Properties window (F4 key), and set "Custom Tool Namespace" to the desired namespace.

Hope this helps!

Mauro

twitter.com/mcastagnasso | castagnasso.wordpress.com | If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 12:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Richard,

In the Solution Explorer, click Resources.resx or Settings.settings, open the Properties window (F4 key), and set "Custom Tool Namespace" to the desired namespace.

Hope this helps!

Mauro

twitter.com/mcastagnasso | castagnasso.wordpress.com | If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 12:05 PM
  • Thanks Mauro!
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 1:15 PM