VWD Admin Site won't load

Question

• Hi,

Every time I try to access the admin site on the built in webserver I get these errors:

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: System.InvalidOperationException: Method failed with unexpected error code 50. at System.Security.AccessControl.NativeObjectSecurity.CreateInternal(ResourceType resourceType, Boolean isContainer, String name, SafeHandle handle, AccessControlSections includeSections, Boolean createByName, ExceptionFromErrorCode exceptionFromErrorCode, Object exceptionContext) at System.Security.AccessControl.FileSystemSecurity..ctor(Boolean isContainer, String name, AccessControlSections includeSections, Boolean isDirectory) at System.Security.AccessControl.FileSecurity..ctor(String fileName, AccessControlSections includeSections) at System.Configuration.Internal.WriteFileContext.DuplicateTemplateAttributes(String source, String destination) at System.Configuration.Internal.WriteFileContext.DuplicateFileAttributes(String source, String destination) at System.Configuration.Internal.WriteFileContext.Complete(String filename, Boolean success) at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigHost.StaticWriteCompleted(String streamName, Boolean success, Object writeContext, Boolean assertPermissions) at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigHost.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigHost.WriteCompleted(String streamName, Boolean success, Object writeContext, Boolean assertPermissions) at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigHost.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigHost.WriteCompleted(String streamName, Boolean success, Object writeContext) at System.Configuration.Internal.DelegatingConfigHost.WriteCompleted(String streamName, Boolean success, Object writeContext) at System.Configuration.UpdateConfigHost.WriteCompleted(String streamName, Boolean success, Object writeContext) at System.Configuration.MgmtConfigurationRecord.SaveAs(String filename, ConfigurationSaveMode saveMode, Boolean forceUpdateAll) at System.Configuration.Configuration.SaveAsImpl(String filename, ConfigurationSaveMode saveMode, Boolean forceSaveAll) at System.Configuration.Configuration.Save(ConfigurationSaveMode saveMode) at System.Web.Administration.WebAdminPage.SaveConfig(Configuration config) at System.Web.Administration.WebAdminPage.VerifyAppValid()

Anyone seen this or have any idea where I should start looking?

Many thanks,

Mark.
    Tuesday, November 8, 2005 4:08 PM

Answers

• Hi All

In my case it got solved when i moved my project(s) away from residing in my redirected "my documents"

It also solved the issue with using dependency caching, where it couldn't create the .ldf file.

So it seems as if there's a bug regarding to the use of redirected folders and offline files

/Alex
    Sunday, November 13, 2005 2:43 PM

All replies

• Not that it's any help, but I'm getting the same errror...

Keith
    Sunday, November 13, 2005 3:44 AM
  • A couple of Quick Questions,

What Version of the IDE and framework are you using?
    Have you tryed loading up the starter kit and trying it from there?
    Sunday, November 13, 2005 6:03 AM
  • Hi All

In my case it got solved when i moved my project(s) away from residing in my redirected "my documents"

It also solved the issue with using dependency caching, where it couldn't create the .ldf file.

So it seems as if there's a bug regarding to the use of redirected folders and offline files

/Alex
    Sunday, November 13, 2005 2:43 PM
  • Thanks Alex!

I moved the files out of "my documents" and everything is working fine. I have this on my laptop and I am using offline files. It could well be a bug when using offline files as it was working the other day when I was in the office and 'online'.

Thanks everyone for the ideas here. I can stop going mad now.

Mark.
    Sunday, November 13, 2005 9:25 PM
  • Thank-you so much!!!!!! Same for me, i'm using crappy offline files in Win Vista.

cheers

Thursday, February 28, 2008 6:11 PM