none
static driver verifier Additional Include Derictories RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I run static driver verifier (on visual studio 2012), for driver that contains libraries. I use Additional Include Derictories in these libraries . When I try to run the static driver verifier (with added libraries) I get compilation errors for all Includes that are inside Additional Include Derictories .

My question is How to add Additional Include Derictories for static driver verifier?

Thanks

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 3:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Dima,

I would recommend going with the real path (../../include) for now. I just tried this on my machine and it repros. From this, it is safe to assume SDV does not recognize this Macro. We are investigating this further to see if this an isolated case or SDV does not inherit other Macros from VS. We will decide whether/when we shall make this fix to SDV.

Thanks,

Toby

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 5:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The Additional Include Directories should be included as a part of the project's vcxproj file.

Can you try unload the project in Visual Studio and take a look at the vcxproj file, and share the line of code you have on Additional Include Directories?

It should resemble something like this: <AdditionalIncludeDirectories>%(AdditionalIncludeDirectories);..\Library</AdditionalIncludeDirectories>

Thanks,

Toby

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 11:10 PM
  • Hi, Thank You for answer. 

This is a line with Additional Include Directories.

<AdditionalIncludeDirectories>$(SolutionDir)src\include;%(AdditionalIncludeDirectories)</AdditionalIncludeDirectories>

When I change the $(SolutionDir) to realy path (../../include) it works. Maybe that Static Driver Verifier not recognize this Macro?

Thanks.

Dima

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 8:38 AM
  • Hi Dima,

I would recommend going with the real path (../../include) for now. I just tried this on my machine and it repros. From this, it is safe to assume SDV does not recognize this Macro. We are investigating this further to see if this an isolated case or SDV does not inherit other Macros from VS. We will decide whether/when we shall make this fix to SDV.

Thanks,

Toby

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 5:52 PM
  • Thank You!
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 7:56 AM