none
FileNotFoundException on devices without VS2012 installed RRS feed

• Question

• I have an app using Bing Maps which work fine on my development machine but fail to render on a remote device.  When remote debugging, a FileNotFoundException is thrown on this line:

var map = new Map();

The exception message is "The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)" and the stack trace begins:

at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.GetWinRTFactoryObject(IntPtr pCPCMD)
       at Bing.Maps.Map..ctor()

This problem did not occur until I upgraded to the Bing Maps SDK extension released on 18/6/2012.

I am running Win8 RP and VS 2012 RC.  The app built for x64.

I suspect that this is the same issue as is described in the following posts:

Has anybody had success deploying (sideloading) an appx package that references Bing Maps SDK?

Bing Map not working with out Visual studio& Bing map SDK

Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:05 AM

Answers

• This sounds like your app is compiled and deployed in debug mode?  If it is, you are running into dependency issue.   Can you try deploying release mode and see if this fix the issue?  Debug will crash as it does not have CRT as a dependency.
    • Marked as answer by Jon Stoneman Monday, July 2, 2012 8:23 AM
    Friday, June 29, 2012 7:54 PM

All replies

• This sounds like your app is compiled and deployed in debug mode?  If it is, you are running into dependency issue.   Can you try deploying release mode and see if this fix the issue?  Debug will crash as it does not have CRT as a dependency.
    • Marked as answer by Jon Stoneman Monday, July 2, 2012 8:23 AM
    Friday, June 29, 2012 7:54 PM
  • That was indeed the issue, thanks.  :)
    Monday, July 2, 2012 8:23 AM