Remove Windows LiveID & HealthVault association RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have a bug that I'm trying to track down.  The problem happens when a user already has a LiveID (from hotmail, IM, etc) but it hasn't been used with HealthVault yet.  After a user has created a HealthVault account I'm getting a crash. 

But when I try to debug the problem, I can't see it because the HealthValut account has already been created.  What I'd like to do it delete the HealthVault I have associated with a LiveID.  I can't find a way to do that.

Does anybody know how to completely delete a HealthVault account?  This is just a test account anyway, so I'm not concerned about losing anything important.

Thanks!

Monday, December 1, 2008 7:30 PM

Answers

• You can indeed delete accounts-- in the HealthVault shell, click on the user name in the upper right (goes to editprofile page), and on that page there is a Delete Your Account link.

Records are held around for 90 days in case the deletion was accidental, and after 90 days are purged.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 9:58 PM

All replies

• Where are you getting the crash? Is it when you access account.healthvault-ppe.com?

What is the error/exception you get?

Raj

Monday, December 1, 2008 8:12 PM
  • The error is happening in Page_Load().  It only happens when a new HealthVault account is created.

I believe the error was "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".  But I can't get it to happen again because there is now a HealthVault account associated with the LiveID is was testing with.  I've only seen this happen once.  I wasn't in the debugger so I didn't see where this happened in the source.

I guess I could just create a new Windows LiveID, but I would have to keep creating new ones every time I needed to test this condition.

Is it not possible to delete a HealthVault account?  Not even in the test environment?

Monday, December 1, 2008 8:22 PM
  • You can indeed delete accounts-- in the HealthVault shell, click on the user name in the upper right (goes to editprofile page), and on that page there is a Delete Your Account link.

Records are held around for 90 days in case the deletion was accidental, and after 90 days are purged.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 9:58 PM
  • I would, in your case, work around that by creating a windows application and verify whether it is a web authentication issue up front.

Regards
    Mustafa

Mustafa Al-Durra, B.Sc Computer Engineering, MCP, MCDBA, MCAD.NET, SoftHealth Inc. (President/CEO)
    Friday, February 26, 2010 12:13 AM