none
Location of the Custom Field Value in ProjectServer Published Database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

Could any one help me in finding the location (SQL Server table name) of the custom Field values in Published database.

Thanks

-Bob

Thursday, November 4, 2010 6:43 PM

Answers

• Field values need to be joined with the fields and projects/tasks/resources/assignments to make sense. The task custom field values are in MSP_TASK_CUSTOM_FIELD_VALUES. You can determine the rest by looking in the db.
    Jack Dahlgren blogs at:
    Project and Retrovention
    and rarely Twitter
    Friday, November 5, 2010 6:45 PM
  • I could, but why not go to the reporting database and look at the user views? They make it easy.

Querying the published database is not supported and thus not recommended. Solutions based on it may break after updates.

Jack Dahlgren blogs at:
    Project and Retrovention
    and rarely Twitter
    • Marked as answer by Jim Corbin Friday, November 5, 2010 5:38 PM
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 10:59 PM

All replies

• I could, but why not go to the reporting database and look at the user views? They make it easy.

Querying the published database is not supported and thus not recommended. Solutions based on it may break after updates.

Jack Dahlgren blogs at:
    Project and Retrovention
    and rarely Twitter
    • Marked as answer by Jim Corbin Friday, November 5, 2010 5:38 PM
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 10:59 PM
  • Hi Bob,

Please see Custom Fields and the Reporting Database in the Project SDK.

--Jim

Jim Corbin [MSFT]
    Friday, November 5, 2010 5:38 PM
  • Field values need to be joined with the fields and projects/tasks/resources/assignments to make sense. The task custom field values are in MSP_TASK_CUSTOM_FIELD_VALUES. You can determine the rest by looking in the db.
    Jack Dahlgren blogs at:
    Project and Retrovention
    and rarely Twitter
    Friday, November 5, 2010 6:45 PM
  • Hi Jim,

Thanks and appreciated for your help. I do have another question, what's logic to find the current Project GUID onCreated Event Handler.

Thanks

-Bob

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 11:32 PM
  • Jack,

Would you please provide some explanation of how Project Server 2010 stores distinct field values across the internal draft, archived, published, reporting, and SharePoint databases?

I'm interested in determining when explicit duplication of a given value occurs across the five synchronized databases. My impression thus far is that the internal synchronization process is quite complex. Knowing how field values store internally in PS 2010 would be enlightening.

Thanks kindly.

--John 

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 3:23 PM