none
Which .NET Framework? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to ask that is there any way to write application without framework?

Or what version of framework is built-in in win XP server pack 2 & 3 and Win 7???

Means any way to write application that runs without special requirement?? : )

Friday, April 6, 2012 7:28 AM

Answers

• You can use the Win dlls instead of the net library.  the win dlls aren't documented as well as the Net Library functions, but I often use them.  You can search msdn for Win32 API and the function you need.  Many of the Net Library functions are just wrappers that call the dlls.  The dlls are located in the system32 folder for XP.

jdweng

Monday, April 9, 2012 4:08 AM

All replies

• Yes, you can write applications that do not require a .NET Framework.

If you are using Visual Studio, you can do so by choosing a language and project type that does no involve .NET. For example, if you choose C++ and the Win32 Project template, .NET is not involved.

Friday, April 6, 2012 1:06 PM
  • Hmm Ok. Nice thanks. C++ does not require framework : )

Oh. But when starts a project it shown .net framework 4 as default. I can choose anther but cannot deny it.

How can I do it that you ask???

@Purvi Pandey Win XP sp 2 & 3 inludes .NET 1.1 but VISTA include .NET 2 :/

If I write a simple application in VB then it too require a big file to download.

Saturday, April 7, 2012 5:51 PM
  • No, C++ can be used to develop EITHER .NET or native applications.

If you are seeing a .NET Framework choice when you start a new project, you chose the wrong project type.

In the C++ project category, everything under CLR is a .NET project. In other categories under C++, such as Win32, the project types are NOT .NET.

"If I write a simple application in VB then it too require a big file to download."

Modern Visual Basic is a .NET language. There is no option to use VB without having .NET.

Saturday, April 7, 2012 6:58 PM
  • win32 is .cpp file : (

codes only.

I think now you understand what I want : D

Have you the solution?????  ^_^

Monday, April 9, 2012 3:49 AM
  • You can use the Win dlls instead of the net library.  the win dlls aren't documented as well as the Net Library functions, but I often use them.  You can search msdn for Win32 API and the function you need.  Many of the Net Library functions are just wrappers that call the dlls.  The dlls are located in the system32 folder for XP.

jdweng

Monday, April 9, 2012 4:08 AM
  • Hi Real Hyder,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

I think you want to build Windows API application. They are built based on our system without further requirements. I suggest you learn something about Windows SDK and built your application.

Best regards,

Barry Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:21 AM