Fixed Header RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a table in a report which has the FixedHeader property set to true. What happens is that when I try to look for a text using the find option, the found text gets hidden under the header row, which then I have scroll back to see that. The user may think that the text was not found. Any solution to be able to bring the found item to somewhere the user can see?

Thank you

Friday, February 15, 2008 3:27 AM

Answers

• Ok i got your requirement.

So if you are using "Fixed header to be true" then it will hide some rows under this as the header is floating here.

This is the property of SSRS and its known issue.

You cant change this, Hope so Microsoft gets it solved in the next release.

Thanks for your understanding.

Mahasweta

Monday, February 18, 2008 6:00 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

According to the fixed header property it will behave like that .

But you just tell me why do you need to tick the fixed header .

Do you want your header to be shown in every page right ,ok then put this in page header and get this on every page ,then you will be getting all the text properly.

But please let me know about your requirement and let me know if iu have misunderstood your concern.

Thanks

Mahasweta

Friday, February 15, 2008 5:56 AM
  • Hi

Thanks for the reply. My concern is that, on each page, the content of the table is too long and hence we need to scroll up and down, and this is why I need the header to be fixed so that even when we scroll, the header remains.

Angelo

Monday, February 18, 2008 12:36 AM
  • Ok i got your requirement.

So if you are using "Fixed header to be true" then it will hide some rows under this as the header is floating here.

This is the property of SSRS and its known issue.

You cant change this, Hope so Microsoft gets it solved in the next release.

Thanks for your understanding.

Mahasweta

Monday, February 18, 2008 6:00 AM
  •  

Anyone has a solution for this problem? I have the same problem. When trying to find something in the report, the found text is always hidden under the floating header. Is there a way to move the found text to middle instead of top?

Thanks,

Friday, June 13, 2008 2:09 PM
  •  

I previously posted the question to SqlServerCentral. The post got dozens of hits but no response.

Environment - SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services

Scenario/ Situation
    Report was developed with 'floating header' so that you always see it when scrolling. If you do a find on a word inside the report the header covers up what was found so you can't see it.

Work around
    If you know this happens simply scroll up and the highlighted word is revealed.

Is there a fix for this bug?

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 7:25 PM
  • One of the work around would be to place the header in the report header rather than the Table header. But you might have to align the header columns appropriate to the table columns. 

So remove the header on the table level and place it in the Report Header. 

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 4:34 PM