none
[WPF][RDLC] Set Image as Background of Tablix RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    in RDLC I would set an image as background, so I create this structure:

But what happens:
    1) in preview with ReportViewer, I see the image of background up and each labels under the image

2) when I print it each labels is in correct position.

This two screenshot is a crop of full report.

I not set the background to Tablix because I have problem with the resolution between the image and the report, the image is too big and it comes out  of report.

Thanks.

Monday, June 8, 2015 4:04 PM

All replies

• Sorry I missed your question yesterday Robertino.

It's really a reporting question and this is the wrong forum, which is probably why nobody else replied.

You might imagine that there's some property you could set to scale an image to a background.

Unfortunately, there isn't.

I would resize the image you have in a picture editor like paint or picasa to the "correct" size you need and save it as a new file.

Use that and set the background property.

I think that should make your problems go away. 

In my experience, Crystal Reports is a much more mature reports tool than Microsoft Reports. Personally, I use Crystal for most reporting.  There's a specific area which ms reports is better - dynamic reporting.  Because rdl is xml you can build a report definition dynamically and allow users to pick the columns they want.  Fairly easily with ms reports, a PITA with crystal. 

But for stuff like this, I think you would find Crystal offers much more functionality.

Hope that helps.

Technet articles: WPF: Change Tracking; All my Technet Articles

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 9:48 AM
  • Hi Andy,
    of course, Crystal Report is better, but in this project it was used Microsoft Report and I must follow this way.
    I set the image of background to same size of report, but there is a problem with resolution between this element.

Thanks for the support.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 2:00 PM
  • I don't follow what you mean by "resolution between this element". Sorry, it must be tricky writing questions in a foreign language.

Your image appears to just be "Printed". Can't you just reproduce it to the right size

I'm guessing it's some sort of a scaling pixellating problem, somehow.

Hope that helps.

Technet articles: WPF: Change Tracking; All my Technet Articles

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 4:13 PM
  • Hi robertino_salemi,

This issue was realted to Report Control Forum, I would move your case to Report Control Forum for better support.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 7:27 AM
  • Ok, thanks.
    Thursday, June 11, 2015 7:31 AM