Creating Dynamic "Views" + Rich Interface RRS feed

• Question

• User891284760 posted

I am new to ASP.NET/C# and have some basic questions regarding UI tools and capability:

1.  How do I dynamically create different views? I have a DropDownList  with (say) 5 items on the default landing page. For each item on DropDownList, I want to present a unique set of labels, text boxes and buttons.

2. Anyway to create a rich interface? Ideally, I want to use something that is integrated with VS. I am building a prototype with a tight deadline and so I don't have time to learn (say) Silverlight. I do want the UI to look professional enough for demo with business users. Any quick strategy to improve default look & feel of ASP pages with rich rendering would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Sterling

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:12 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

1. Do you mean that you want to add  labels, text boxes and buttons in DropDownList control? If you want to add set of labels, text boxes and buttons in DropDownList control, you can't do that, because DropDownList isn't Container control;

2. If you want to create rich page without using Silverlight, I think CSS is available for you,

For CSS tutorials(http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp#gsc.tab=0),

hope it helps you,

With regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:05 AM