Setting a default value to a modal picker on a detail screen in the screen created (HTML Client) RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

Would like to share a bit of code where you can set a default value to a local property (picker) Entity.

I have a screen (detail screen). I navigate to this screen with a click of a button.

I don't want to use a list where I have to choose a customer. I would like to pick a customer from a Modal picker.

This is not a problem. I choose a table (customer, single or default (shows only one entity)).

By choosing this I get a parameter (Id).

I choose a local property (Customer(Entity) and bind the Id to the Entity.Id.

I then pick a new Query from "Add Data Item". CustomersQuery or the Query you set up.

When I navigate to the screen I have to choose a customer from the Modal picker. It's okey but I want to populate the modal picker with the first entity from customers.

Hmmmm. Not so easy. Ok

In the screen created method I put this code. The code will load the first entity in the Collection an set the value to the Modal picker.

myapp.CustomerSceen.created = function (screen) {
        // Write code here.

setTimeout(function () {

var visualCollection = screen.CustomersQuery;

if (visualCollection.isLoaded) {
                    var default = visualCollection.data[0];
                    screen.KundEntity = default;
                } else {
                    visualCollection.addChangeListener("isLoaded", function () {
                        var default = visualCollection.data[0];
                        screen.CustomerModalPicker = default;
                    });

}

}, 0);
    };

Easy! Enjoy

Regards Sven

Sven Elm

• Edited by Sven Elm Wednesday, August 20, 2014 4:19 PM
    Wednesday, August 20, 2014 4:18 PM