none
Office 2010 x64 on Server 2008 SP1 RDS role - Outlook consuming ALL available memory on occasion RRS feed

• Question

• There have been several posts that I have found related to this issue, but all are pre-service pack 1. The band-aid was to run the Office applications in XP SP3 compatibility mode. An option that is no longer present in 2008 SP1. Here are the details of the issue that I'm rapidly losing hair over:

Environment:

Office 2010 Version 14.0.5128.5000 (64-bit)

Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1 with RDS role installed running as member server

Local profiles with 'My documents' redirected to additional local volume

Cloud hosted Exchange

Symptoms:

When I logged in this morning, within task manager, I found 1 Outlook profile consuming approx. 18 GB of memory, and another profile consuming approx. 6 GB of memory. There was 100 Mb of Ram available for the remainder of the system. This has occurred repeatedly and when the users are actively using the service (vs. forgetting to log off their session at the end of the day), they complain of sluggishness and they usually cause a crash by repetitively clicking on something within the application due to the sluggishness. This issue cannot be resource related, as when things are flowing smoothly, resource utilization hovers around 5-6 GB of ram and 15% on the 24 cores.

• Moved by William Zhou CHN Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:49 AM (From:Office IT Pro General Discussions)
    Monday, June 20, 2011 3:28 PM