none
Time out while connecting to SAP from Biztalk orchestration hosted as a web service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have an orchestration hosted as a web service and that inturn is connecting to SAP to get some data from a BAPI / RFC.

If I am using the same credentials to log on directly through SAP GUI is ok and even the BAPI gives a response very fast.But whne I am calling the web service,it gives me "Opearion Timed out" error,when I am trying to call the webservice from a client developed in C#.

BTW,I am using BTS 2006 R2,along with VS 2005.I am not using any WCF in this.I am just using SAP adapter to connect ot SAP at the send port

Please find below the error logged in the event viewer.

Event Type:    Error
    Event Source:    BizTalk Server 2006
    Event Category:    BizTalk Server 2006
    Event ID:    5815
    Date:        8/22/2008
    Time:        12:20:37 PM
    User:        N/A
    Computer:    SCCUTL02-SDC
    Description:
    A response message sent to adapter "SOAP" on receive port "WebPort_EFCTest_Proxy/WebService_EFCTest" with URI "/EFCTest_Proxy/WebService_EFCTest.asmx" is suspended.
     Error details: The original request has timed out. The response arrived after the timeout interval and it cannot be delivered to the client.
     MessageId:  {866570A0-1655-4E45-B738-140F081F1622}
     InstanceID: {A4711421-306B-4384-B13C-F3EAC698BF98}

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

P.S I used the web services publishing wizard to publish it as a web service
    Friday, August 22, 2008 5:20 AM

All replies

• Does the orchestration work when triggered through a file receive port without being hosted as a web service? What does the orchestration debugger show? From the error message, looks like the response was sent back from the orchestration to the SOAP adapter but was suspended. Take a look at HAT to see why the message was suspended.

This does not seem like a SAP adapter problem though. Which SAP adapter are you using? From the description it seems like you are using the BizTalk SAP adapter and not the WCF SAP adapter. Is that correct?

Monday, August 25, 2008 4:56 AM
  • Hi Jayanthi,

thanks for your reply.I mentioned that I am not using WCF adapter bu Biztalk SAP adapter.The logs in SAP also show that the request has reached them but the connection is closed before the response.

I even tried using the WCF adapter(custom binding) it still gives the same error.When I am doing the same for other RFC on the same server calling a web service which was an orchestration hosted as a web service,works fine.

Any pointers?
    Cheers
    Sri,Singapore
    Wednesday, September 10, 2008 7:41 AM
  • Hi Sri,
    We are having the same issue now. I am just wondering if you are able to solve this problem. I greatly appreciate if you could please let me know how you solved.

Thank you in advance
    Hanu
    Monday, February 23, 2009 4:40 PM
  •  Hi Hanu,

From the post of asbharadwaj , it seems like he is getting the error only for a particular RFC , while  for some other RFC on the same server calling a web service which was an orchestration hosted as a web service,works fine.

It would be helpful, if  you could provide some more info about your specific scenario, and also the error message you are getting.
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 10:39 AM
  • Hi asbharadwaj,

I got the same issue just as u mentioned. If u solved this issue, could tell me how?

Many thanks,

Jim Coffey

Friday, December 25, 2009 5:50 AM
  • Hi.

I increased the timeout on the Client Proxy.
    It worked.
    Wonder Andile Hlongwane MCTS
    Monday, January 4, 2010 9:00 AM
  • Hi Wonder,

The Client Proxy ? U mean the SAP Adapter or Biztalk Web Service?

Could u show me the detail how did u fix it?
    Monday, January 4, 2010 11:11 AM
  • On this C# code that calls the Web Service that hosts the Biztalk Orchestration.

Web_Export_To_SAP.

eProcurement_Orchestrations_Send_ISS_To_SAP_SAPExportPort Export = new Web_Export_To_SAP.eProcurement_Orchestrations_Send_ISS_To_SAP_SAPExportPort();

//set the Timeout value to 15000 (15 seconds) for the synchronous call to the XML Web service method.
    Export.Timeout = 15000;

Wonder Andile Hlongwane MCTS
    Monday, January 4, 2010 12:36 PM