Problems generating a useful XML exported report from SSRS RRS feed

• Question

• I initially used FOR XML PATH within a stored procedure to query a view after passing it the report date and another parameter field. The report is how I would like however when trying to use BCP I am unable to include the parameters as dynamic content when creating the filename. The command I use is:

EXEC

xp_cmdshell'bcp "EXEC AOC_Test.dbo.PPRS_Return @ReportMonth = N''01-MAY-2019'', @Field = N''OILFIELD''" queryout "c:\temp\Report '+@Field+'.xml" -S (local) -T -w -r' The error indicates it does not recognise the '+' symbol.

Since the end user needs to create the XML based report I thought it may be better to use the export to XML option within SSRS however I have some difficulty relating the hierarchy and elements to the presentation within SSRS. When using DataElementName for a group within a Tablix table the Element start and end nodes are not created.  Is there any good reference material.  A sample extract of the XML is:

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Malcolm

Thursday, June 27, 2019 12:41 PM

All replies

• Hi MalkieT

Still get confused about your requirement ,

Seems that you got the issue about the t-sql , you could try to post your issue at tsql forum for more professional help.

For export to xml , seems the rdl file is a xml format file , you could directly download the rdl and via download button in web portal or via script .

Also the image (might ) you want to attach is missing, if possible you could offer the detailed requirement description with the result you want ,the current process you get …etc. to us for more further research .

Hoping for your reply.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Friday, June 28, 2019 5:29 AM