locked
VSS 6 show history problem RRS feed

  • Question

  • All,

     

    I use VSS 6.0d. We label source, and regularly ask for all the objects between two labels with show history and the equivalent with scripts.  In the last week something has happened and now when I ask for the source between two lables I just get EVERYTHING in our VSS.  It doesn't seem to matter how I ask the question... I always get everything.

     

    Now the intersting thing about this problem is that while logged onto my machine, anyone who connects to vss using any userid has the same problem.  However if someone else logs onto my machine, then any VSS user (Including mine) works fine.  What is more, if I log into another machine, any VSS user also works.  In summary, this problem affects me only when I log into my machine as me.

     

    We are on windows XP and use VSS from a common network drive.  The only work around I've found is to use the L prefix infront of the label name.  However this causes problems with our scripts... and I've never had to do it before... why now?

     

    Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?  I would be very greateful for any help with this.

     

    Thanks!

    Tuesday, October 9, 2007 5:11 AM

Answers

  • The "L" prefix has always been required, as far as I know.
    Tuesday, October 9, 2007 4:55 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  • The "L" prefix has always been required, as far as I know.
    Tuesday, October 9, 2007 4:55 PM
    Moderator
  •  

    Thanks for the reply Richard.  While I've been aware of the L prefix we've never had to do this before, and as I mentioned above it was causing problems with our automated releasing scripts.

     

    It's not all doom and gloom though.  Just a few moments ago we managed to fix this problem.  It would appear that all this tearing out of hair is indeed due to the time format on my computer.  A little while ago I set my time format to 24 hour time.  In hindsight, this is around the time VSS started playing up.

     

    So, we went into Control panel> Regional and Language Options.  In the regional options page you hit "customise".  In the next screen you click on the time tab.  In there select a time format like h:mmTongue Tieds.  Apply this.  After that we didn't need to use the L prefix and all our scripts are now working again.

     

    I don't have even the foggiest clue why this is the case but it fixed our problem.  Hopefully it might help others.

     

    Thanks!

    Steve

    Tuesday, October 9, 2007 11:59 PM