none
Window service in .NET core RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for the following solutions in C# language:

1. I am trying to find a sample code or application how to develop a window service in .NET core using C#.

2. Is it possible to to migrate the existing window service written in previous .NET version to .NET core?

3. what are the best way to transfer files(JSON file) from one server to another server at a particular time in the day by using

window service in C#?

Friday, September 7, 2018 6:19 PM

All replies

• 1. I am trying to find a sample code or application how to develop a window service in .NET core using C#.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/host-and-deploy/windows-service?view=aspnetcore-2.1

it's as close as you're going to get at this time.

2. Is it possible to to migrate the existing window service written in previous .NET version to .NET core?

It depends on what the code is doing, as some namespaces non .Core framework may be depreciated in Core.

3. what are the best way to transfer files(JSON file) from one server to another server at a particular time in the day by using

Selfhosting WCF service over TCP/IP or host the WCF service using the Window service. Json is just string data. 

Friday, September 7, 2018 9:24 PM