none
How to enable PWA Site permission setting in Powershell RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a SharePoint form where user inputs the data regarding the Project Online such as Site Name, Language, Time Zone, Permission setting, etc (if they want Project Online). I am using New-SPOSite to create the PWA site. However, I couldn't find any parameter to enable the permission setting to user input (SharePoint Mode or Permission). By default, site is created with SharePoint mode but if user wants to create with Project Mode, I will then want the powershell to create the PWA site with Project Mode.

Does anyone know how can I achieve this capability?

Monday, September 16, 2019 2:50 PM

Answers

• For Project Online it is via the PWA Settings UI, no PowerShell commands. How come you want to set it via PowerShell and not the UI?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

• Marked as answer by MAK Khan Monday, September 16, 2019 6:52 PM
    Monday, September 16, 2019 5:07 PM
  • I am doing the automation where user wants Microsoft Project 2016 and if they want Project Online, then the PS script will create the PWA site for the user with all the inputs provided by the user.

Unfortunately, there are no PowerShell cmdlets specifically aimed at managing Project Server Online.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

• Edited by Luigi BrunoMVP Monday, September 16, 2019 6:10 PM
    Monday, September 16, 2019 6:10 PM

All replies

• Monday, September 16, 2019 2:58 PM
  • Thanks for the reply but that does not help. I am using SharePoint online and these cmdlets are for Project Server On-Prem
    Monday, September 16, 2019 3:00 PM
  • For Project Online it is via the PWA Settings UI, no PowerShell commands. How come you want to set it via PowerShell and not the UI?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Monday, September 16, 2019 5:07 PM
  • I am doing the automation where user wants Microsoft Project 2016 and if they want Project Online, then the PS script will create the PWA site for the user with all the inputs provided by the user.
    Monday, September 16, 2019 5:52 PM

Unfortunately, there are no PowerShell cmdlets specifically aimed at managing Project Server Online.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

• Edited by Luigi BrunoMVP Monday, September 16, 2019 6:10 PM
    Monday, September 16, 2019 6:10 PM
  • Maybe you misunderstood the objective of Project Online. This is not a PWA tenant per user since data mong different tenants are not meant to be consolidated together. The purpose is to consolidate project data among an organization, so a PWA tenant should be used for many users. You'll have maybe up to 10 tenants for an organization: training, dev, quality, integration, production, pre-production, etc... Maybe if you have departments in silos, you'll use a tenant for a department but still, there is no use case where users would require to provision PWA tenant and use them on demand.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Monday, September 16, 2019 6:11 PM