none
Is it possible to use ReportViewer 2008 and ReportViewer 2010 within the same application? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to use ReportViewer 2010 in local mode for running embedded reports in my application. However the application also uses SQL Server 2005 Reporting services to run the published reports using the ReportViewer 2008 Control. I have read that ReportViewer 2010 control will not support executing reports against SQL Server 2005 Reporting services. So is it possible to use ReportViewer 2010 for embedded reports in local mode as well as ReportViewer 2008 for published reports in server mode within the same application?

Thanks.

Saturday, May 8, 2010 12:15 AM

Answers

• Hi Baljinder,
    Is your application a web application or windows form application? You cannot use ReportViewer2010 and ReportViewer 2008 in the same ASP.NET application because reportviewer control depends on httphandler which can only chooses one reportviewer control.  To workaround this issue, you may separate your report webpages into two applications. For example, have ReportViewer 2008 for 2005 server reports deployed in a separate ASP.NET application.

If you are in a Windows Form application, both of the two report controls should work in one application.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    • Marked as answer by Baljinder Wednesday, May 12, 2010 2:05 PM
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:59 AM