Website requires Login RRS feed

• Question

• User-539770824 posted

I just installed a windows 2003 server and set up my website on it and everything worked great. I then set it up as a domain controller and DNS server, and now it requires a login to view the webiste. I can log in and it works, but I don't want it to require a login. It never did this before and in IIS. I have anonymous access enabled with a user that has access to it.

Thanks!

Saturday, March 17, 2007 8:21 PM

All replies

• User694764450 posted

When you made the server a domain controller it changed some of the default permissions.  You need to make sure the IUSR account on the server still has access to your web site folders.  I'm not sure if you will even still have an IUSR account as I have never setup an IIS server as a domain controller.  If you do not still have an IUSR account you can create an account and use that account to run the website.  Make sure this account has access to the web site folder.

If you have any more questions please post them here. 

Saturday, March 17, 2007 11:48 PM
  • User-539770824 posted
    The IUSR account was there, I added it to the permissions page on the web folder for Read, Read & Execute, and List Folder Contents. I made that the same account in IIS for anonymous access. Yet it still requires a login. The FTP site is also set up to allow anonymous access,but it still requires you to log in.
    Sunday, March 18, 2007 7:28 AM
  • User1073881637 posted

As the previous post mentioned, when you promoted to a DC, Windows changes the folder permissions.   These are tighter than a regular member server.   You can run Filemon on the server to see what folders are being denied.  Also make sure you grant the NETWORK SERVICE account, this your application pool account.  You can run IIS on a domain controller, it is not usually recommended you do this, however if you have only one server, IIS will run on a DC.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/filemon.mspx 

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300432

Sunday, March 18, 2007 11:17 AM