Windows Apps in Windows 10 scaling objects make pixelation

Question

• I have make a test about using a storyboard that scales a ellipse in a Windows 10 App and a Windows 8.1 Universal App, in W10 preview makes pixelation, is that my computer or is that a in progress development?

Juan Pablo G.C.

Sunday, March 29, 2015 8:25 PM

All replies

• Do you have a repro of your Win 8.1 app and the UAP app which you can share via OneDrive/DropBox?

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 10:42 PM
  • Thank you for taking care of this here are the solutions in CirclesExamples.zip:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=16308bc8a886465d%21288

I understand that an Ellipse that scales should be keep vector perfect, doesn't it?

Apart I have just tested on a remote device to test if was something about the drivers but the same result.

Juan Pablo G.C.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 6:32 AM
  • What is the Behaviors SDK that you have referenced in the Windows 10 project? I can't even compile the Win 10 project you shared.

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Friday, April 3, 2015 5:58 PM
  • Here are the release notes for the behaviors

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=526491

At the end, there is where you need to copy

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.1\ExtensionSDKs
    To:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\UAP\v0.8.0.0\ExtensionSDKs

After restarting Visual Studio 2015 the copied SDKs are then available in the list and you can add it just like before. Done.

Juan Pablo G.C.

Saturday, April 4, 2015 6:54 AM
  • Hi Juan Pablo,

I was able to reproduce the problem, but, the behavior is the same regardless of whether the app runs on Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. It's not that the problem only happens with the Windows 10 version of the app, since I see the same pixilation behavior on both versions of the app.

Are you seeing a different behavior - meaning that the app renders the circle smoothly during transitioning on Windows 8.1, but pixelates on Windows 10?

Thanks,

Prashant

Thursday, April 9, 2015 1:34 AM