none
printing in Reportviewer in web app. in localmode (urgent) RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi I have used sql reporting in local mode in web application in 2005 with c# but it does not gives printing option .But I want to print the report on a button click . Is this possible any way.

as I have more then 100 different records and exporting it is very tedious ....so any help.

thanks.

Monday, January 5, 2009 10:37 AM

All replies

• yes it's possible.  You just have to install the 9.0 version of the report control to your server, and change the references in your webapplication to 9.0, both in the page and the webconfig.   Once you do this,  you'll have the print button show up in local mode printing.
    Living my life at 123mph in 11.15 seconds
    Monday, January 5, 2009 2:15 PM
  • hi,
    I have downloaded the reportviewer 9.0 on my local system . but it needs 3.5 dotnet framework .My application is developed on 2.0 and the server where i have hosted my application is shared so is it possible to run my application which is developed in 2.0 on 3.5 ..

and I have given four dll in bin folder, which is required to run the reporting on local mode. and from where i will get dlls of new version.

please give solution related to 2005 as changing whole project is not possible for me for a single job.

thanks and we dont have vs 2008.
    Tuesday, January 6, 2009 5:40 AM
  • a common misconception of people is that the 3.5 framework is a completely seperate framework. It's actually just an extension of the 2.0 library.

What I'm recommending you to do is not something Microsoft teaches you to do, nor do they support it.  If that's out of the question for you then I don't recommend you do it.

You can however run version 9.0 with vs2005 and on the 2.0 framework just fine in local mode.  

you just need to change all the references in your web application from 8.0 to 9.0

Go look at your web config, and your webpage that you deployed the reportviewer control to, the references to 8.0 should be pretty bovious.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009 10:47 PM
  • Hi thanks for ur reply and .whole thing is only to change the reference in web.config file. No need to download reportviewer 9.0 .as when i install it ,it gives error of framework . and previous version.

what should i do to install it or it is not needed.

plz

thanks

Wednesday, January 7, 2009 4:52 AM
  • besides changing it in your webconfig and your webpage,  you also need to reference the .dll files for it.  and you need to install it to the GAC

when I did it,  I installed it to the GAC, and then grabbed the .dll files from the GAC and referenced those in my project.

If Microsoft has changed the downloaded content to prevent this from being done, then that would be new to me.

If your not familiar with what the GAC is I'd recommend reading up on it a bit .
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 2:18 PM
  • HI , i am  unable to install the reportviewer 9.0 on my system as it needs 3.5 and vs 2008 . so please if u have in ur GAC please mail me I am need of that. I will be very greatefull for this. my mail Id is

santosh.jha.net@gmail.com

thanks
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 6:06 PM
  • if your unable to complete it, then perhaps they've changed things and this workaround is no longer something you can do.

I do not have anything I can email you.
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 8:16 PM
  • Hi, sir I have got all the dll  and placed it in the  bin folder and made the reference from that but it gives error

it is

Page Name :-Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl
    Error occer in below line--
      this.m_clientController.OnReportLoaded(this, reloadDocMap);

Erroor Massege is:-Microsoft JScript runtime error:            'this.m_clientController' is null or not an object

what to do next ...
    plz help me to solve the problem....

thanks

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 8:02 AM
  • ok, on the webpage that you deployed your report viewer control to,, at the top you'll see the tag reference.  It's pointing to the 8.0 version. Change it to 9.0

Also go to your webconfig, find the reference in the webconfig to the 8.0 version, and change it to 9.0
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:13 PM
  • Hi,
    thanks for ur keen interest .

the above problem came after changing the reference in both palce .is there any other place to make change.

in design view the gives error . It is not displayed .
    thanks

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:38 PM
  • you can't design with 9.0 controls in 2005. 

Use a seperate project with the 8.0 dll for designing the .rdlc files.  

So you confirmed that 9.0 is in the GAC? correct?
    and you referenced the 9.0 .dll in your solution
    and you changed the references in the webconfig and the page? correct?
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:41 PM
  • yes not in GAC I have palced it in the bin folder of my project and gave the reference from that dll
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 4:05 PM
  • I'm not personally familiar with all the settings required to make it work without having it in the GAC
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 7:04 PM