web application problem after upload to web server RRS feed

• Question

• User-429223818 posted

I was build web application, if i testing in my local computer, my web is working well

but after i was upload to web server, many function not working in that web.

for example:

1. in login form , if in one condition I type wrong username or password, and I click "login" button , message wrong password successfully show, but when I type true username and password, "login" button do not work. my page must be refresh before I type true username and password again.

2. in 'data showing table' function, if I try in my local computer, my web is not have problem, but after i was upload to web server this function do not work

please help me, to find the solution of this problem.

whether the problem happen because I build my web under windows 7 whereas my web server is windows server 2008 R2?

whether configuration iis between both of that OS are difference?

Thursday, October 31, 2013 11:30 PM

All replies

• User1079421601 posted

Please configure properly authorization portion at the time of hosting. Following references help you.

Thursday, October 31, 2013 11:40 PM
  • User578059180 posted

are you using cookies to store your username and password as welll???

and what error is showing when you try to run your 'data showing table' function??

Thursday, October 31, 2013 11:41 PM
  • User-429223818 posted

no, i not usiing cookies.

for 'data showing table', no error message appears.

Friday, November 1, 2013 2:47 AM
  • User-1853252149 posted

Understand the differences in security.  In development, you're often running as an administrator.  Production usually runs under the app pool account.  Make sure you configure security on the files/folders appropriately and make sure you have configured authentication on the system correctly.

Jeff

Friday, November 1, 2013 9:20 AM
  • User-1939249872 posted

Which verson of SQL you are using? that may be the problem of application pool identity you can change it to local system it may work. 

Monday, November 4, 2013 1:34 AM
  • User-429223818 posted

Im Using Sql Server 2008 r2

After i tried web in the web server i got error in web.config

<remove name="ScriptResource" /><add type="DevExpress.Web.ASPxUploadControl.ASPxUploadProgressHttpHandler, DevExpress.Web.v10.2, Version=10.2.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b88d1754d700e49a" verb="GET" path="ASPxUploadProgressHandlerPage.ashx" name="ASPxUploadProgressHandler" preCondition="integratedMode" /> 

but in my local server it work

Config Error Cannot add duplicate collection entry of type 'add' with unique key attribute 'name' set to 'ASPxUploadProgressHandler'
    Monday, November 4, 2013 4:53 AM
  • User-801004448 posted

Do you have DevExpress component installed on the web server?

Windows server does not come with the component you try to load.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 11:30 PM
  • User-1853252149 posted

Config ErrorCannot add duplicate collection entry of type 'add' with unique key attribute 'name' set to 'ASPxUploadProgressHandler'

This isn't a true error, it just means you're trying to add the same entry twice.  Fix your web.config.

But yes, if you didn't load Devexpress on the deployment server, you will get errors.

Jeff

Thursday, December 5, 2013 9:09 AM
  • User629526818 posted

Hi,

If you are on shared hosting, Ask your hosting provider to assign a dedicated application pool to your website. That should fix the issue

Saturday, January 18, 2014 6:41 AM