none
Does InfoPath 2013 just not support VS2013? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to develop custom code for an InfoPath 2013 form. I have installed Visual Studio 2013 Professional  in Windows Server 2012, but when I click button [code editor] , I get the following message:
    The following external components are required to edit your form code. Please install them and try again.

Microsoft Visual Studio 2012
    Visual Studio C# Support
    Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Applications 2012

C# support is installed, along with Visual Studio Tools for Applications 2012.

Does InfoPath 2013 just not support VS2013?
    Thursday, September 4, 2014 3:13 AM

Answers

• Infopath 2013 does not work with VS2013 to edit code- You would need to use VS2012 to edit the form. One item that I would recommend when editing the form is to make sure that you go to the Developer Tab and select the Language C# or VS. There are also a few sites that you can goto for help if you need .dll's

This Site will show you show to DL Dll's that are needed for the form.

http://modery.net/script-to-download-the-sharepoint-online-dlls/

Also when editing the form in VS2012 make sure that you goto PROJECT then Properties to ensure you are building to the correct version of SP.

I hope this helps, I have been battling Infopath and SP2013 for a week now trying to get my form to work right.

Thursday, September 4, 2014 4:46 AM
  • Hi,

Did you fix the issue? As Jetbluebob metioned the Visual Studio 2013 doesn't provide this feature. Here is the statement for your reference:
    Visual Studio 2013 does not include the InfoPath form template projects that were provided in previous versions of Visual Studio. You also cannot use Visual Studio 2013 to open or edit an InfoPath form template project that was created in a previous version of Visual Studio. However, you can open and edit an InfoPath form template project by using Visual Studio Tools for Applications. For more information, see Working with VSTO 2008 Projects in InfoPath 2010..( refer to InfoPath Solutions)

If you have more questions about VSTA, I suggest that you get more effective response from forum below:
    Visual Studio Tools for Applications (VSTA)

And if you have questions about VSTO developing, please feel free to post in this forum.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 5, 2014 8:11 AM

All replies

• Infopath 2013 does not work with VS2013 to edit code- You would need to use VS2012 to edit the form. One item that I would recommend when editing the form is to make sure that you go to the Developer Tab and select the Language C# or VS. There are also a few sites that you can goto for help if you need .dll's

This Site will show you show to DL Dll's that are needed for the form.

http://modery.net/script-to-download-the-sharepoint-online-dlls/

Also when editing the form in VS2012 make sure that you goto PROJECT then Properties to ensure you are building to the correct version of SP.

I hope this helps, I have been battling Infopath and SP2013 for a week now trying to get my form to work right.

Thursday, September 4, 2014 4:46 AM
  • Hi,

Did you fix the issue? As Jetbluebob metioned the Visual Studio 2013 doesn't provide this feature. Here is the statement for your reference:
    Visual Studio 2013 does not include the InfoPath form template projects that were provided in previous versions of Visual Studio. You also cannot use Visual Studio 2013 to open or edit an InfoPath form template project that was created in a previous version of Visual Studio. However, you can open and edit an InfoPath form template project by using Visual Studio Tools for Applications. For more information, see Working with VSTO 2008 Projects in InfoPath 2010..( refer to InfoPath Solutions)

If you have more questions about VSTA, I suggest that you get more effective response from forum below:
    Visual Studio Tools for Applications (VSTA)

And if you have questions about VSTO developing, please feel free to post in this forum.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 5, 2014 8:11 AM