none
Why MgdArr[i32] just has 11 base types? why it no System.Cpllections.Generic.IReadOnlyList'1<System.Int32>? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Somebody of you who can help me reslove the probelm below? thanks very much in advance!

For .NET4.5,

How many base types in MgdArr[i32]?

How many base types in System.Int32[]?

I get the below picture, that's right? and could you please why they have the different in .NET4.5?

For picture_1 code:

// Create the list of base types for the runtime type
                List<string> baseTypes = new List<string>();
                baseTypes.Add(runtimeType.BaseType.FullName);
                foreach (SystemType iface in runtimeType.GetInterfaces())
                {
                    baseTypes.Add(GetTypeName(iface));
                }

For picture_2 code:

// Create the list of base types for the Phoenix type from code

//public int[] IntArray = new int[1]; // TODO: PHXAPI: There is no easy way to get the complete list

//of implemented interfaces List<string> phxBaseTypes = new List<string>(); AddBaseTypes(phxBaseTypes, phxArrayType); phxBaseTypes.Remove("System.Object");

Monday, June 11, 2012 10:16 AM

Answers

• "How many base types in MgdArr[i32]?"

I don't know what MgdArr[i32] is, I suppose it's a Phoenix type that coresponds to System.Int32[]. But I can't say I used Phoenix so...

"How many base types in System.Int32[]?"

Strictly speaking there's only one base type because .NET only does single inheritance, the rest of the "base types" are interface implementations. Anyway, I did a test and as far as I can tell int[] doesn't implement IReadOnlyCollection/IReadOnlyList, I don't know where you got that list you're showing in the picture to the left. The picture to the top-right has the correct list for .NET 4 and .NET 4.5. For .NET 2.0 the 2 IStructural* interfaces do not exist.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:25 AM

All replies

• "I get the below picture, that's right? and could you please why they have the different in .NET4.5? "

IReadOnlyList and IReadOnlyCollection are new to .NET 4.5.

Monday, June 11, 2012 2:34 PM
  • And could you please answer the two question below?

How many base types in MgdArr[i32]?

How many base types in System.Int32[]?

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 1:13 AM
  • "How many base types in MgdArr[i32]?"

I don't know what MgdArr[i32] is, I suppose it's a Phoenix type that coresponds to System.Int32[]. But I can't say I used Phoenix so...

"How many base types in System.Int32[]?"

Strictly speaking there's only one base type because .NET only does single inheritance, the rest of the "base types" are interface implementations. Anyway, I did a test and as far as I can tell int[] doesn't implement IReadOnlyCollection/IReadOnlyList, I don't know where you got that list you're showing in the picture to the left. The picture to the top-right has the correct list for .NET 4 and .NET 4.5. For .NET 2.0 the 2 IStructural* interfaces do not exist.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:25 AM