Use new and retourning customers measure as a slicer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody! I need some help!!

I have this table where [GAIN-LOSS] is a calculated field:

[GAIN-LOSS] = IF([SALES_CY] = BLANK(); "LOSS";IF([SALES_PY] = BLANK();"GAIN";"REPEAT")).

My question is: How can I use this measure as a SLICER??? (I now that I could add a calculated column in my model and use [GAIN-LOSS] as a filter or as a slicer in the pivot table but the problem is that  [GAIN -LOSS] value could change depending of my month or day filter (one month a customer can be targed as "REPEAT" but in other selection can be "LOSS" or "GAIN")

Please help because I tried everything without possitive results!!!

able

Thursday, January 26, 2017 6:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi ,

Measures cannot be used as slicer in the Excel. Alternatively , you can use the filter (Value Filter) in the pivot table itself.

Best Regards Sorna

Thursday, January 26, 2017 10:12 PM
  • Hi Igorin76,

In your source table, there are CUSTOMER, SALES_CY, SALES_PY, MONTH DAY columns, right? If it is, please list the MONTH and DAY as filter level(highlighted in the yellow background in the screenshot below), select the CUSTOMER, and "GAIN-LOSS" calculated column as row level, the SALES_CY, SALES_PY as value level in pivot table. When you select the different month and day, the result of customer will update and post the corresponding result automatically. 

If you have any issue, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
    Angelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 27, 2017 2:31 AM
  • Hi Angelica. Thanks for your response. The problem is that [GAIN-LOSS] can't be a calculated column because I need that Gain-Loss values change with Month - Day filter (if I do a [GAIN-LOSS] calculated column the Gain - Loss customers will be allways the same despite the month-day filter).
    Monday, January 30, 2017 5:14 PM
  • Excel 2016 Pro Plus with PowerPivot and Power Query (aka Get & Transform)
    With Cube...() formulas, PQ Merge and floating Slicers.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/3smm6v0306bk3k8/01_30_17a.xlsx

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 5:07 AM
  • Herbert, that's exactly what I need. Thanks so much for your help!!!!!!

• Marked as answer by Igorin76 Tuesday, November 7, 2017 5:05 PM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2017 11:54 AM
  • Hi Igorin76,

Please mark the right reply as answer, so others can find solution easily. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
    Angelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 6, 2017 3:13 AM